Cedarwood is a multi-purpose essential oil that can promote your wellbeing this summer (and any season!)
Whether your goal is clear skin, self-care, or a more relaxing home, cedarwood essential oil can help!
Check out these 6 benefits of cedarwood essential oil:
- Healthy Hair and Scalp– Cedarwood essential oil has been shown to improve hair growth. To help prevent hair loss, give your scalp a daily massage of cedarwood mixed with a carrier oil (argan, coconut, and jojoba oil are great for hair!). To soothe an itchy, flaking scalp, massage your head daily with cedarwood mixed with a carrier oil.
- Clear Skin – Cedarwood oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, making it an acne treatment you should consider! Studies have indicated that cedarwood can help reduce breakouts. To use cedarwood oil for acne, mix 2-3 drops of cedarwood essential oil with 5 teaspoons of non-comedogenic carrier oil. Apply to your skin for 20 minutes once or twice a week. In case you’re wondering, hempseed oil, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, and sunflower seed oil are non-comedogenic options.
- Better Sleep – There’s evidence that cedarwood may have sedative qualities. If you struggle with insomnia, try diffusing cedarwood beside your bed, or adding a few drops to a hot bath before bedtime.
- Anxiety Relief – According to a study, cedarwood essential oil may be beneficial for reducing stress and anxiety. Try diffusing cedarwood at your desk, or pair with our diffuser jewelry when you’re on the go.
- DIY Massage Oil – Mix 4 ounces each of argan oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil with 2 ounces fractionated coconut oil. Add 20-30 drops of cedarwood essential oil. Store in a cool, dark place until ready to use!
- Repel Insects – One of the great things about cedarwood is that it smells great to humans and terrible to bugs. Here are a few ways you can use cedarwood as a bug repellant.
- Make DIY mothballs by putting a few drops of cedarwood on cotton balls and place them throughout your closet or drawers. Moths will stay away and your clothes will smell great!
- Mix with a carrier oil and apply to your skin to help repel fleas, ticks, ants, flies, and even lice! You can also try diffusing cedarwood essential oils during backyard dinners, cookouts, or while sitting on your deck.
- Repel dust mites by washing your bedding in hot water with detergent and a few drops of cedarwood. You can also make a linen spray to deter dust mites. Add 25 drops of cedarwood to 1 cup of vodka in a spray bottle. Shake and spray on upholstery and bedding.