Being vigilant about cleaning your essential oil diffuser can help increase its life and ensure it stays functioning at maximum capacity! We want you to get the most out of your diffuser, so here are some tips on cleaning your diffuser properly:
Follow These Steps to Clean Your Diffuser
- Unplug and empty your diffuser (you run the risk of electric shock if you leave it plugged in!)
- Fill your diffuser with clean water. Filtered water is preferable but tap water will work.
- Add pure white vinegar to the water. About 10 drops will do the trick!
- Make sure the diffuser is not filled past the fill line.
- Replace the cover and turn on the diffuser.
- Run the water and vinegar solution through your diffuser for 5-10 minutes.
- Empty water and vinegar.
- With a cleaning brush or cotton swab dipped in vinegar or orange essential oil, wipe down the interior of the water reservoir.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water and let dry before using again.
How Often Should You Clean Your Diffuser?
Some people clean their diffuser after each use, particularly if changing oil scents. If this sounds a little unrealistic to you (we understand) then keep in mind that a diffuser should be cleaned at least once a month to stay in optimal condition.
A happier diffuser means a happier you! A clean and properly functioning diffuser means you get increased wellness benefits out of your essential oils. Proper cleaning also increases your diffuser’s lifespan, which helps your wallet and your planet!
As a holistic wellness company, we want to provide you with quality products that make a difference now and in the future. When you buy Savhera products, you’re investing in your own wellness and the wellness of women who have survived sex trafficking.