With a wide range of benefits and a multitude of uses, this DIY face oil is an easy go-to for overall skin health and skincare needs. Frankincense essential oil helps heal and hydrate skin. With antibacterial and astringent properties, frankincense helps soothe blemishes, reduce the appearance of large pores, and restore the skin's health for a natural glow. This 2-ingredient DIY facial oil recipe also uses jojoba oil, which moisturizes the skin and is a natural source of vitamin E. If you’re looking to simplify your skincare routine, use more natural products, or treat a specific issue such as dryness, give this easy DIY face oil a try! It has so many uses, which is helpful if you’re trying to minimize the number of skincare products in your bathroom. Not only does this facial oil heal and hydrate, but it also provides great glide for your facial razor and helps protect against irritation after shaving.
What you need for DIY facial oil for glowy skin:
- Frankincense essential oil
- Jojoba oil
- Glass dropper bottle or other airtight glass storage container
Here’s how to make this clean, plant-powered DIY facial oil:
Add 5-10 drops of frankincense essential oil for every 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil in your glass storage bottle. Shake well. When ready to use, apply to clean skin. Start with 5 drops on your face and increase the amount if you feel you need more!
How to use your DIY facial oil:
- Apply this healing and hydrating face oil before using a gua sha tool or facial roller to help protect your skin from stretching and to provide added hydration and bacteria protection.
- Use as a facial shaving oil. Just gently massage a few drops into your skin before using your facial razor. Frankincense helps protect against bacteria and also helps soothe irritation.
- As the last step in your nightly skincare routine for hydration and glow.
- To help heal blemishes on your skin. Just dab it on problem areas, and let it soak in overnight.