Eucalyptus essential oil is famous for evoking instant spa-like vibes but has many practical uses as well. Eucalyptus originated in Australia and is still used by indigenous Australians to treat many ailments and illnesses.
With an earthy, medicinal scent, Savhera’s organic eucalyptus essential oil is great as a relaxation-aid and much more! Here are 10 eucalyptus oil uses to consider adding to your self-care routine or DIY project goals.
- Add eucalyptus oil to your diffuser as a nasal decongestant and to alleviate common cold symptoms. If you don’t have a diffuser, you can add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to boiling water and inhale. Use caution around steam to avoid burns!
- If you or someone in your household suffers from seasonal allergies, try diffusing eucalyptus essential oil to relieve symptoms. And don’t forget to add eucalyptus oil to your car diffuser or diffusing jewelry for better breathing on the go!
- Suffering from a cough? Add 1-3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to 1 tablespoon of shea butter for a DIY chest rub.
- Add a few drops to your favorite moisturizer to apply before going outdoors as a natural tick and mosquito repellant. Or you can diffuse eucalyptus oil on your deck or patio to help keep the bugs away!
- Add a few drops of organic eucalyptus oil to a mild moisturizer to help ease joint pain and sore muscles.
- Eucalyptus oil is thought to help boost the immune system. Diffuse throughout your home or workplace for extra protection during cold and flu season.
- Eucalyptus is often used in spas because it helps with relaxation. Did you know that it works as a natural headache remedy as well? Because it helps relax facial muscles and soothe the mind, a few drops on your forehead and pressure points can help relieve headaches.
- Besides fighting stress, eucalyptus essential oil also fights fungus! Add a few drops to coconut oil and apply to areas affected by athletes’ foot, ringworm, thrush, and toenail infections.
- Eucalyptus essential oil can help promote clarity and concentration while clearing mental fog. That’s why we use eucalyptus in our signature yoga mat spray!
- Make a DIY eucalyptus shower steamer for some serious zen.
Savhera’s eucalyptus essential oil is 100% USDA-certified organic and helps empower trafficking survivors. It’s a self-care ingredient that helps care for other people and the planet too!
Have you tried any of these eucalyptus oil uses? Let us know in the comments!