Picking our favorite orange essential oil uses is difficult because there are so many ways to use orange oil. Orange essential oil is a natural energizer, stress reliever, and much more! While the list is almost endless, here are 7 of our favorite orange essential oil uses.
- Natural household cleaner – Not only does orange essential oil smell like sunshine in a bottle, but studies suggest it has antimicrobial properties. To make an affordable, all-natural surface cleaning spray with orange oil, just add orange oil to water in a glass spray bottle and shake well. The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) recommends using 10 to 15 drops of orange oil per ounce of water.
- Lift mood and reduce stress – We all have those days when we feel the weight of the world on our shoulders. While there’s no easy fix for feeling down, orange essential oil can help lift your spirits and reduce stress. Add a few drops to your diffuser or incorporate a few drops into a hand or body moisturizer for mood-enhancing aromatherapy benefits.
- Reducing anxiety – Some studies suggest that orange essential oil may play a part in reducing anxiety. To use orange essential oil for anxiety, try adding to a diffuser or adding to a bath or shower.
- Linen freshener – Add a few drops of orange essential oil to witch hazel in a glass spray bottle. Spray on bedding in the morning to fight germs and refresh (just let dry a few minutes before making your bed). Or spray right before going to bed as an act of self-care. Spritz on guest towels for an added touch of hospitality.
- Closet and drawer freshener – Need to freshen up your storage spaces? Add a few drops of orange essential oil to cotton balls and leave them in drawers or closet corners to keep things smelling fresh. Add these easy DIY air fresheners to smelly shoes or cars too!
- All-natural wood furniture polish – Did you know that orange essential oil is a key ingredient in DIY furniture polish for wood? Just add ¼ cup olive oil and ¼ cup vinegar and 10 drops of orange essential oil to a spray bottle. Spray onto wood furniture and polish with a microfiber cloth. Shake well before each use and reapply every two to three months as needed.
- Organic insect spray for houseplants – Want to keep your plants healthy without using harsh chemicals or expensive products? Orange oil is a natural way to control aphids – one of the most common threats to houseplants. Add 5-10 drops of orange essential oil to 1 cup of water in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray onto houseplants, paying special attention to the undersides of leaves, where aphids tend to congregate.