We love DIY lavender linen spray because it’s cheaper than store-bought and doesn’t contain any unwanted ingredients! Not to mention that it makes us feel like we’re sleeping at a nice hotel! Do you love the smell of fresh sheets? Or are you looking for ways to make your bed more relaxing and luxurious? Maybe you’re hosting guests and want to make their stay extra special. Try this easy, inexpensive homemade linen spray!
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 3 ounces unflavored vodka (or distilled alcohol from the drugstore)
- 1 ½ cups distilled water
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil or Divine Dreams sleep blend
- Empty glass spray bottle
Mix the vodka or distilled alcohol with lavender essential oil and distilled water. Pour into your glass spray bottle. Shake well. Your DIY lavender linen spray is ready to use!
Ways to Use Lavender Linen Spray
This isn’t just for your sheets! Its versatility is another reason we love this DIY linen spray! Check out these ideas and be creative! Just remember to shake well before each use.
- Spray onto sheets while making your bed
- Spritz onto pillows and comforters right before sleeping (and your eye mask if you use one!)
- Give towels a refresh between washes
- Spray onto clothes or linens while ironing
- Spritz in closets and drawers
- For vacation vibes, spray onto clothes while packing your suitcase
- Freshen up rugs and doormats
- Spray onto sofas, armchairs, and throw blankets right before guests arrive…or whenever you want to give your home a freshening touch
- Eliminate odors from pet beds – and help your fluffy friend relax
- Use as a quick car freshener
- Spray onto your neck pillow before traveling
- Spritz in your bathroom before your shower or skincare routine for a luxurious touch
Besides smelling amazing, lavender is well-known for its relaxing qualities. That’s why we chose lavender as one of the main ingredients in our organic Divine Dreams Sleep + Relax blend. Lavender helps calm without sedating. Studies have shown that lavender can affect the parasympathetic nervous system. This is what controls the processes associated with stress and anxiety – such as heart rate, breathing rhythm, and hormone secretion – in your body. Lavender can naturally regulate these processes, and restore your parasympathetic nervous system to a neutral state. Lavender can do this by lowering your heart rate, adrenaline levels, and slowing your breath. Linen spray…but make it wellness!