Want to maximize the lifespan and benefits of your aromatherapy products? Taking care of your diffusers and oil burners helps them last longer and work more efficiently.
Whether you have an electric diffuser or an essential oil burner, you should consider cleaning them often to ensure maximum performance.
How to Clean Your Electric Diffuser
- Unplug and empty your diffuser (you run the risk of electric shock if you leave it plugged in!)
- Fill your diffuser with clean water. Filtered water is preferable but tap water will work.
- Add pure white vinegar to the water. About 10 drops will do the trick!
- Make sure the diffuser is not filled past the fill line.
- Replace the cover and turn on the diffuser.
- Run the water and vinegar solution through your diffuser for 5-10 minutes.
- Empty water and vinegar.
- With a cleaning brush or cotton swab dipped in vinegar or orange essential oil, wipe down the interior of the water reservoir.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water and let dry before using again.
For best results, clean your electric diffuser at least once a month!
How to Clean Your Ceramic Oil Burner
Make sure your ceramic oil burner is completely cool before touching. Then, wipe surfaces with a damp cloth as needed. If wax has spilled from the tea candle, you can scrape it off with a plastic ruler or expired credit card. Additional wax residue can be removed with rubbing alcohol. Just make sure to wipe the surface with a damp cloth afterward to remove traces of alcohol and prevent a fire hazard.
Remember never to leave candles unattended. When in use, do not position your ceramic oil burner near flammable objects or surfaces, electrical appliances, or areas with air drafts. Keep out of reach of pets and children.