Want to boost your wellness routine by combining essential oils and yoga? We don’t often think of yoga mats as a breeding ground for bacteria, but it is just like your other workout equipment or clothing, it needs to be cleaned regularly. With just a few simple, natural ingredients, you can make your own yoga mat cleaner that not only makes cleaning your mat easier, but adds to your overall experience with the benefit of aromatic, organic essential oils.
How to Make Your Own Yoga Mat Spray
With just a few natural, affordable ingredients you can make a yoga mat spray that keeps your yoga mat clean and smelling amazing.
- 1 16 oz spray bottle
- ¼ cup of witch hazel - A natural distilled herb that has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, you can find both alcoholic and alcohol-free versions of witch hazel depending on your preference. The witch hazel has the benefit of both diluting and complimenting the essential oils.
- 20 drops of essential oils - You can use any essential oil in your DIY spray. Peppermint, lemon, tea tree, rosemary and lavender are all great choices. We’ve also compiled a list of blends you can use to disinfect and diffuse. You may add more or less drops of essential oils depending on your preference.
- 1 cup of distilled water - water dilutes and distills the essential oils and witch hazel and makes the spray more long lasting. You may add more water as desired.
Here are some suggestions of essential oils and blends to use
- 5 drops of lemon + 5 drops of peppermint + 5 drops of lavender + 5 drops of tea tree
- 10 drops of Rosemary + 10 drops of lemon
- 10 drops of lemon + 10 drops of eucalyptus
- 20 drops of Sonia’s Shield
- 20 drops of Tracy’s Grace
- 20 drops of Secret Zest
Whatever oil or oils you use, you are sure to reap the benefits of mindful wellness by diffusing dignity for others and for yourself.