Sore muscles and aching joints can be a thing of the past with this DIY muscle rub. Whether you’re an athlete, spend a lot of time on your feet, sit at a computer all day, or deal with a painful health condition, this soothing, cooling balm can help! We use our Just Ice tension relief blend for this recipe because it was created specifically for relieving muscle and joint pain. Just Ice contains only USDA-certified organic essential oils so that you can relieve tension without any toxins! Just Ice is made with organic eucalyptus, organic wintergreen, organic rosemary, organic peppermint, and organic lavender. This custom blend was crafted with your wellbeing in mind, and each ingredient plays a key role in relieving pain, soreness, aches, and tension.
Use this DIY rub for muscle tension, headaches, menstrual cramps, sore feet, aching joints, post-workout pain, and more!
DIY Muscle Rub Ingredients:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons candelilla wax
- 30 drops Just Ice essential oil blend
- An 8oz container – such as an upcycled jar or clean candle tin with a lid.
- Melt the coconut oil, olive oil, and wax in a double boiler while stirring constantly.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add the Just Ice essential oil blend.
- Pour into your container and let set.
- Your DIY muscle rub is ready to use! Massage onto sore muscles, aching joints, the bottoms of your feet, or wherever needed.
Makes 8 ounces
Need a Quick Fix for Sore Muscles?
If you don’t have candelilla wax on hand or don’t have time to make this DIY balm, you can get quick relief by adding 5-10 drops of Just Ice to a handful of shea butter or coconut oil. Warm it in your hands to mix and rub it into sore muscles or aching joints. Or you can grab our Just Ice roll-on to keep on hand wherever you go! Perfect for hiking trips, long shifts at work, or anytime you need convenient tension relief! All of our roll-ons are prediluted so that you can apply freely without worrying about skin irritation or burns.